Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Technology...

 SO now that the mourning period is over, I can continue blogging. (Between you and me, I was just being lazy, and didn't feel like posting anything. But don't tell anyone else, ok?).

Anyway, as I was saying: Technology is.....


So I am hoping this gem that I found will net me some straight cash homie, but at the moment they are pretty worthless. What am I talking about? This:


This is a laserdisc, the precursor to modern day cds and dvds. I won't explain in detail how I optained these, but I now have about 15 movies.

And yes, they are god damn humongous(1:00). Here is more proof:

Note the hand-drawn peppers in the background. My uncle's fine work.
*Note: I have a big head.
Now you maybe asking, "Can you really fit an entire movie on those discs?
First, I'd like to say, stop asking so many goddamn questions. I'll get to it eventually, geez!
Second, no, you cannot. Those discs are double sided. And most movies seem to require an additional 3rd side (2nd laserdisc, with only one side containing any data....not just half a laserdisc....)

So basically every popular movie in the early 90s got the laserdisc (I just like saying that word...sounds fancy) treatment, as did many classics (2001: A Space Odyssey, Godfather, etc). So if one were to have this laserdisc technology, and could purchase any of these movies for a decent amount of money, what would one buy? Well my new collection consists of such all-time greats as: Top Gun, Star Trek VI, Die Hard 2, The Abyss. Though I do also have some actually good movies, like Mrs. Doubtfire, The Fugative, E.T. and the creme de la creme sealed copies of Blazing Saddles and Jurrasic Park. And a collector's edition of the original Star Wars trilogy. Too bad they are all pretty worthless......Maybe I'll just frame them, and show them off, as my platinum music records  =D.


Well, I personally didn't know of this piece of technology's existence, and I hope you learned something too. If I was any good at drawing, I'd probably add the laserdisc to the following picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment