Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New York Comic-con 2010




So Comic-con is an expo of comic books/graphic novels, cartoons, video games, and other such "nerdy" things. It was my first visit to such an event, and it was pretty awesome.

Sadly, I went alone, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been, but that's what happens when you don't have any friends.



So the highlight of the show for me was a being able to play a demo of Ghost Trick. A game coming out for the DS next year, by the creators of the Phoenix Wright series, which makes it instantly great, as the demo proved it was.


Other big video game stuff that drew crowds were Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dead Space 2, and some Wii and Kinect stuff, that I didn't partake, since I don't feel like waiting in line.


The other big thing at such expos is the cosplay. Most of it bad, some good. The most popular cosplay seemed to be the Joker and Harley Quinn. I thought of making a compilation of both, but I didn't want my camera to commit suicide due to its the horrible memory it would have to store. So here is some
Their way of coming out of the closet
Awesome Dead Space Guy

Deadpool is less extravagant, but just as awesome
Go Team Venture!
Don't know who this is supposed to be, but does it really matter

Not bad

Actually, that's pretty awesome
We have a winner





Aaaanyways, I was kind of annoyed that basically no one accepted credit cards, everyone was all like "cash only" even the food vendors. Luckily, it takes a while for me to get hungry, but it's still an inconvenience. I was sad that I had no cash, since there was a lot of potentially awesome stuff to buy, like
So what if I don't have a Dreamcast?

Also there were a lot of very awesome figurines, not that I usually am interested, but theses were quite exquisite. Not that it mattered since they weren't even for sale. What's the point?
want
Want!
What is...I don't even know. but I want it.



 Stupid glass casings. But I did manage to get some movie posters and some completely original drawings by Zach Weiner, who does a great webcomic.























Besides the whole cash business, and long lines for some stuff, and the being lonely, I would say it was $50 well spent for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment