Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Consumerism!

Ahh, consumerism. Society, built around stuff. Speaking of stuff:
I don't like to brag that much, but I got some more superspecialawesome stuff. First off, I got some more Halo: Reach stuff.

Yes, more. Though this time it wasn't free.
I actually got the game!!! YAY! I haven't been able to play much yet, but I will. Most definitely.
But that isn't even the highlight of this blog, and you know it has to be a big deal, if it's cooler than Halo: Reach.
I got a book. Not just any book, an amusing book with interesting facts. You might ask: "What the hell is the matter with you? Books are stupid, video games are better?" And if you did, you would be a jerk, and I wouldn't like you.
The best part of the book however, is that it is signed by this man:
The Great Jon Stewart


The Great Jon Stewart is the host of the hilarious show The Daily Show (redundancies are redundant). For those of you who don't know, which is no one, since you are the only one reading this, Aris. It is a show that "makes fun of" "news" channels like CNN, MSNBC, FOX, who insist on yelling their names. But it has become much more than a parody. It has become a reliable news source in and of itself.

He is also holding a rally in DC on the 30th of Oct- The Rally to Restore Sanity. It hold the belief of moderateness instead of extremism. So in honor of the rally, I wore my Slacker t-shirt, which is now officially the best shirt ever, because the Great Jon Stewart laughed when he saw it, out of amusement. That is a fact, so you can run and tell that, homeboy!

Also there was the entire writing staff of the book and the show. People whom I don't and I assume most fans of the show don't recognize. But part of the writers crew were also Wyatt Cenac (the black guy from the show) and John Oliver (the Brit).
Maybe black people aren't so bad after all....

So anyway, even if it isn't signed by such celebrities, the book  is still hilarious, and I suggest you buy it, or at least hang out in a book store and read it, you cheap bastard. Oh ya, the title is Earth (The Book): A Visitor's Guide to the Human Race
Where, oh where is Jon's signature? Oh where, oh where could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment