Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DVDs

*Insert  obligatory Futurama reference*

I got my Scott Pilgrim vs The World dvd today. Yay!
Awwwww ya!


I know what you should be thinking, "You, of all people, bought a movie?!". And yes, it is quite unusual. Discounting the tv series I have on the disc format (The Simpsons seasons 1-11, three Family Guy volumes, one American Dad volume, and one Spongebob Squarepants volume) I only have three other DVDs: Underworld and Underworld: Evolution (they're in one box, so it counts as one).......mmmmmm, Kate Beckinsale.....; The Matrix trilogy and The Animatrix; and The Spongebob Movie. A very 1337 and high quality collection if nothing else, eh?

Epic collection is epic

So there are two reasons that I purchased another dvd.

1. It is good to have a physical copy. Just like with video games. I am reluctant to purchase downloadable games. I prefer to have the box. And also, dvds have extra features like deleted scenes and such. Eventually, when I am not a poor college student, I will buy the more epic movies. And Scott Pilgrim belongs to this elite group (as will be revealed by my ever delayed top movie list).

2. Scott Pilgrim vs The World is epic. That is just a fact. Sadly, I am the target audience, and my peers generally don't spend money on things they can get for free. So the movie flopped in the box office (made back only 80% of the cost). I, for one, supported it in theaters (also a rarity, considering how expensive the movies are in the US. In Estonia, it's like $5). I also bought the dvd as to show my support, because if the movie and dvd sales do poorly, then the studios aren't going to make similar, epic movies......and that would be bad.

So go and buy this dvd. It is teh awesomenessness. Also it has some great deleted scenes and bloopers....haven't got around to the commentary.

And I leave you Jason Schwartzman and his glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment