Thursday, March 10, 2011

March Madness

So apparently there is a college basketball tournament or bracket or sth. It has to do with sports, so why would I know?

And I also found my picture collection that I thought forever lost.

Alos Pokemon Black and White came out recently which I am picking up this weekend.

So in combination of those two facts, I made a bracket of the best pokemon evar!
So to make it even sorta, I picked 8 out of each of the 4 generations (being unfamiliar with the 5th). It is somewhat unfair, because 2nd gen > 1st gen > 3rd gen > 4th gen (maybe 4th > 3rd gen, but I am not as attached to the newer pokemans), so giving them each 8 sort of skews it. But whatever.

So to decide the winner in a match-up I will use 5 categories:

Name- Does it sound cool? How is it derived (like Blastoise- blast + tortoise)?

Classification- Like Blastoise is  the turtle pokemon, Mightyena is the bite pokemon (wtf is that?!)

Appearance- Badass, cool, wtf?, and cute (though there isn't any of that in the top 32).
Compare different sprites where they both exist in the same  generation. and also very important (for some) is the Shiny.

Evolutions- How cool do the evolutions/pre-evolutions/associated evolutions look.
Good evolutions > no evolutions > bad looking evolutions

Competitive battling- usefulness and uniqueness. Not necessarily which one is the best, being a hipster I don't usually like using the OU (overused) pokemon, so my teams consist of the not best pokemon.

Also, with the help of random numbers, I made up the bracket. I won't show it yet, so the pokemon involved can be a surprise, but after the 1st round, then I can post what it looks like to show that I am not cheating or sth.

So I'll do 1 match-up a week starting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment