Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pokemans

Am I finally going to talk about Poekmon Black version?
No.
But don't worry.



Before I review it, I want to rant about the new Pokemans themselves.


Initially I didn't really like them. I am resistant to change. So introducing pokemans that are 5th overall in HP; 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 10th in attack, 2nd fastest; 1st, 2nd and 5th in Sp. Attack ... It seems a bit too much. So many new sweepers in the competitive department.

Also their appearances were very meh initially. But playing through the games, there are some cool ones.


But this rant is about something else. So many missed opportunities this Gen (and previous ones) with regards to evolutions.

Three that stuck out to me immediatly:

Luvdisc -> Alomomola


Why isn't this a thing?! Luvdisc is soooooooo useless. Sure, wild ones hold heart scales, a semi-useful item. But it is an awful Pokemon stats wise. Alomomola is not. It is actually quite good with the 5th highest base HP out of all pokemans. This would make people actually care a bit about Luvdisc..... But no such luck.


Tauros -> Bouffalant


Another obvious one. Tauros isn't much worse/better than the new one. He is faster but has a slightly less HP and Attack. But who the hell is going to use Tauros when afro-bull 9000 is available.


Cacnea -> Cacturne (top) or Maractus (bottom)


A bit more complicated than the last ones. But it is a parallel to two others. Initally Snorunt only evolved into Glalie, and Ralts only into Gardevoir. But in 4th gen a female Snorunt can evolve into Forslass with a shiny stone. And a male Ralts can evolve into a Gallade via shiny stone. So why not this family too?! WHY! I know there is like a billion different fish and butterflies, but does there need to be more than one cactus family?


Natu -> Xatu -> Sigilyph


This one is a stretch. But I kinda associate them. Xatu is like a totem pole kinda thingy. Sigilyph is sorta in the same style. Just seems to fit for me.

Here are some that aren't associated with 5th gen.

These first few aren't my own. Got them off the internets.









The Magikarp vs Dratini one is cool. But I have other ideas about Magikarp.




There is no need for two similarly looking stupid ugly fish that evolve into sth cool(ish).


Also Shuckle needs an evolution, so I can equip him with an eviolite.

1 comment:

  1. Most of these couldn't be more true. I wish they would think about this before just making new Pokemon. It would make things much easier...

    ReplyDelete