Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Golden globes....more like golden Oh-Noe!-...bs

So getting into movies more in the last year, I decided to watch...most of... the Golden Globes, a pretty major award.

And I was disappoint!

So I'm just going to rant

Firstly, the most obvious thing. They still have all the comedy categories combined with musicals. Therefore Burlesque was nominated, which was a bad movie. Also, apparently the atrocity known as The Tourist was a comedy, as it was nominated for best comedy.

I haven't actually seen a lot of things nominated. I actually have only seen, out of the nominated films: Black Swan, Toy Story 3, Inception, Alice in Wonderland, Easy A....so ya. But I am relatively well informed of what is good and what is bad.

Why Easy A, Scott Pilgrim or Kick-Ass weren't nominated instead is beyond me. Even the animated movies could have been nominated for best comedy (Toy Story 2 won a while back).

Fuck The Social Network. I refuse to believe that it is that good, that it deserves best director, best screenplay, best score, and best film (drama).

Also, where were Leo DiCaprio's nominations?! He wasn't maybe best actor worthy for Inception, since he didn't really do all that much in that one, but for Shutter Island. He was amazing in that one!

Also, perhaps Jim Carrey for I Love You, Phillip Morris..... not a very wildly known movie, but it was great, as was Jim (sort of like Catch Me If You Can)


That's the main issue with the film portion.


Also, TV shows get awards too. I have to ask....

Glee for best comedy/musical?!!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?! This season of Glee has been trrble. Last season was fine, but this one is boring. Also, too many themed episodes about gay bullying. Not that I am not against bullying, but it is sooooo overblown in the show. It's not funny! It managed to somehow beat 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, and Modern Family.

Jane Lynch winning for best supporting actress in comedy(/musical) TV show is good, since is one of the funniest ones in the show. But Chris Coffer (the gay one in Glee) for best supporting actor, really?! He is one of the most boring characters in the show. All he does is be gay, and cry. I don't know who should have one in that category, but I definitely would have chosen Eric Stonestreet (from Modern Family) over him, because he is hilarious.

But it wasn't all bad.

Natalie Portman for best actress
Colin Firth for best Actor

The guy who plays Sheldon won best actor in TV series (comedy/musical). I was like O RLY!!?! That was cool, especially since his co-star was presenting the award, and went insane with joy when he won.

Also, forever fantastic Steve Buscemi won for best actor in a TV drama (for Boardwalk Empire). I have never seen that show, but it's Steve Buscemi. Who else are you going to give it too? Christopher Walken wasn't nominated, so it has to go to him.

Also, DeNiro got a a lifetime achievement award or sth, and they showed a slideshow of his works. Noticed some pretty interesting movies that I hadn't even heard of, so I might be checking those out....

No comments:

Post a Comment