Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spongebob!

So here is the promised new weekly segment.
It is to honor one of the greatest shows ever made:
Spongebob Squarepants
For those of you who don't know him........You had no childhood.



I'll go through an episode week by week (clarification: a 30 min show consist of two episodes technically, so I'll to two per week I guess), showing clips n stuff. And at the end of the season I'll have compilations n stuff. Hopefully this will be enjoyable.

Season 1:
Episode 1a: Help Wanted
The series starts off strong. Introduced to Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs. Spongebob goes to get a job at the Krusty Krab. However, the best line in the movie is uttered by an unusual source, his stingy boss. This is one of his few non-money related lines:

Upon watching these older episodes again, I have gotten an appreciation for Squidwards humor. Before I didn't really like him. He isn't my favorite character all of a sudden, but he went up the ranks. I mean with lines like these:



Has a solid story for a pilot episode.

Episode 2b: Reef Blower
Series started off strong, but then there is episode. There are literally no lines. It is just Spongebob trying to clear his front yard with a reef blower (like a leaf blower, but underwater). Some gags are great, but you can only go so far without dialogue.

Episode 2c Tea at the Treedome:

Introduction of Sandy and her dome full of air. Another decent episode, but not one with some great gags to highlight. Though I love this bit of voice acting, and it shows Spongebob's ability for sarcasm:








Ahhhhhhhh, Spongebob! you can have 3 consequtive ass jokes, followed by slapstick, but then you also have such great random humor and word play.

No comments:

Post a Comment