Monday, January 17, 2011

Pokémon of the Week #1

So, with inspiration from a friend, and in the honor of the new Pokémon games (Black and White versions) being released this year, I am starting a weekly segment. I'll try to do this every Monday. We'll see if I can be consistent. 

If you think this segment is dumb and doesn't interest you, then you can just go hang yourself, because Pokémon is awesome.

I'll be using a random number generator to determine the pokémon. To save time, I won't take each one individually, say a separate post for Kadabra, but rather all associated evolutions/pre-evolutions Abra and Alakazam as well..... 

I'll just express my opinion on the pokémon- competitive battle viability, coolness, shiny-ness, etc and show off funny and cool pictures of the chosen one(s). Warning, some pokémon I don't care aboot at all...say Luvdisc or crap like that, so the posts will be short. Let's just hope that the RNG goddess is in my favor.


And this week it is........
#227

 
Skarmory!!!

BOOOOOO!!!!!!

O well, at least it isn't Cherubi or whatever. 
Skarmory is semi-decent. It has a unique type of steel/flying. A solid type combo for battling. It is used often.....way too often. Being the hipster that I am, my policy when I play(ed) shoddy battle, was not to use any extremely over used pokémon like Skarmory, Blissey, Garchomp..... unless they were really, really cool like Tyrannitar..... he is sooooo badass. This way, at least the opponents would be surpirsed. True, I lost a lot, but it was still fun being unique with pokémon like Sableye.


Anyways, back to



2nd gen pokemon (Gold/Silver/Crystal). Considered using, ended up not using, already having a flying type in my party. Also, in the same game, it was catchable in the same area as Gligar. For those of you who don't know, Gligar is awesome and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skarmory

Uhhhh...it's shiny is the dumb puke-green one, so that's no fun.

Sort of a boring one this time, as was to be expected....the numbers are not in my favor. Try this a couple more times, see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment