Monday, January 24, 2011

Pokemon of the Week #2

I sincerely apologize, because somehow my picture collection has almost disappeared. I still got a few. I'll eventually go back and update this post when I get new ones. And this segment will have to wait a while probably, as I try to obtain new pics.

So technically I picked Turtwig....it's a better pick than Skarmory, but still not exciting. So I realize that this isn't going to work: I'm not going to get the likes of Dunsparce and Quagsire every week. So I'll do this more systematically. Starting with, appropriately, the starters.

So this week we have the first 9 pokemon in the pokedex.











When I played Red version, I picked Squirtle, because that's the best choice of course. Many people will probably say that Charizard > Blastoise, but that's false. (Well, technically one on one, Blastoise wins beacause water>fire, but Blastoise wins just because he is awesome)

Also, the 2nd form for Squirtle is WARtortle. All Charmander gets is Charmeleon.

Shiny wise, Charizard is cooler. He is black, I call it Charkoal (hahahaha, I'm hilarious), Blastoise just turns pinkish. Definitly not as cool.

I would insert epic concept art of both pokemon, but alas, my collection is gone *sad face

I guess competative battling wise, Charizard is better- he has better attack and a more diverse moveset, while Blastoise has to settle with being an underused "bulky" water pokemon (has a lot of health and decent defense) so instead of using his massive cannons, you just stall with toxic.

So all this talk about Charmander -> Charizard and Squirtle ->Blastoise , one may ask, what about Bulbasaur?
I think this picture sums it up:


No one likes Bulbasaur.

I'm also going to start another new segment, which I'll try to do regularly on Thursdays. Be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment